Re: big database with very small dump !? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vlad Kosilov
Subject Re: big database with very small dump !?
Date
List pgsql-general
I'd do
du -sh /var/pgsql/data/base
rather then /var/pgsql/data
depending on how your pgsql server logging is setup, there are other
folders and/or files that might take considerable disk space under
./data/ you may want to exclude those. I find this query useful for
something like this as well:

select datname,pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size(oid)) from pg_database ;

V.