Re: plan invalidation vs stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Pflug
Subject Re: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date
Re: plan invalidation vs stored procedures  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> you missed the point...if your return type is a composite type that is
> backed by the table (CREATE TABLE, not CREATE TYPE), then you can
> 'alter' the type by altering the table.  This can be done without full
> drop recreate of the function.

Which - at least IMHO - clearly shows that we ought to support
ALTER TYPE for composite types ;-)

Is there anything fundamental standing in the way of that, or is it just
that nobody yet cared enough about this?

regrads, Florian Pflug