Re: savepoint problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Linos
Subject Re: savepoint problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane escribió:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
>> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 06:30:36PM +0200, Linos wrote:
>>> i have migrated from Maxdb to Postgresql recently and i am having a
>>> speed problem in large transactions over slow links because of autorollback
>
>> If the goal is to reduce latency costs, the best way could be:
>> [ move it to the server side ]
>
> Or move the logic into a server-side function, if you prefer to stick
> with your existing procedural approach.
>
>             regards, tom lane

when you say move the logic into a server-side function do you mean send the data in a
copy command (or many inserts) to a temporary table and load from here with a server-side
functions like David or Martijn or are you telling me other way to do it, could you
elaborate this please? Thanks.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.