Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence
Date
In response to Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence  (Miernik <public@public.miernik.name>)
List pgsql-performance
> Wanted to install pgbouncer, but it is broken currently in Debian. And
> why is it in contrib and not in main (speaking of Debian location)

Pgbouncer has worked very well for us. Wasn't available in default repos
for Ubuntu server when I did my original setup but installing from
source is quite easy. Running heavy load benchmarks on a web app
(high-rate simple-queries) I saw about a 10-fold improvement just by
using pgbouncer.

Cheers,
Steve