Re: Getting data from Xml to Postgresql database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gwyneth Morrison
Subject Re: Getting data from Xml to Postgresql database
Date
List pgsql-general
aravind chandu wrote:
 type="cite">

 style="font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; font-size: 12pt;">
  Hi,

    I have some data <a moz-do-not-send="true" id="KonaLink0"
 target="_top" class="kLink"
 style="text-decoration: underline ! important; position: static;"

href="http://oracle.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/oracle-db-l/getting-data-from-xml-to-oracle-database-1431346#"><font
 style="color: blue ! important; font-family: arial; font-weight: 400; font-size: 13.3333px; position: static;"
 color="blue"><span class="kLink"
 style="color: blue ! important; font-family: arial; font-weight: 400; font-size: 13.3333px; position: static;">
in XML format and i need to upload in postgresql database using stored
procedure. Can someone tell
me the step by step procedure of the same as i will be doing it for the
first time.

Thank You,
Avin.

I have offered a python script that converts XML documents to psql COPY.

It is part of this package:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mstopsql/

As of yet I have been unable to get a password for the web page from
pgfoundry so
there is information on usage here:

http://gwynux.ca/psql/

Gwyneth