Re: Dialogs review - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Dialogs review
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Reducing the border works here too. To have the blue border on each side of
>> the control, we need to make the control bigger. For example, cbSourceType
>> and cbTargetType have 12 for width. With 14, they show the bottom highlight.
>
> Ahh, yes, that got it :-)
>
>>> Thoughts? Aside from that, I think that one is ready to go - and
>>> should set the standard for the following dialogues :-)
>>>
>> There's still one thing that bothers me. The "Use replication" label seems
>> closer to the left side of the window's border.
>
> Yes, I think it might be a little low as well.

I'll see what I can do to make it prettier.

>> And I need to check the border and width changes on Linux and Windows.
>
> One side effect - it's causing 'disappearing comboxbox' syndrome on
> Mac now - see the attached screenshot. Resize slightly, and all is
> fine.

OK, will do.

> Getting these right is really tiresome isn't it? I think it will be
> well worth it though - your effort is definitely appreciated.

Yes, it is tiresome. Changing something can bork the entire dialog.
Making it pretty on one platform can bork it on the two others. Not sure
I like the crossplatform capacity anymore :)

Anyways, I just hope I don't annoy anyone with so many mails and
attachments. I'm thinking of putting a tarball somewhere with all the
last changes instead of sending multiple patches on this list.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org