Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space
Date
List pgsql-general
David Ford <david@blue-labs.org> writes:
> I have a 10million+ row table and I've only got a couple hundred megs
> left.  I can't delete any rows, pg runs out of disk space and crashes.

What is running out of disk space, exactly?

If the problem is WAL log growth, an update to 7.1.3 might help
(... you didn't say which version you're using).

If the problem is lack of space for the pg_dump output file, I think you
have little choice except to arrange for the dump to go to another
device (maybe dump it across NFS, or to a tape, or something).

            regards, tom lane