Re: Fwd: Proposal - UUID data type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Mielke
Subject Re: Fwd: Proposal - UUID data type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kless wrote:
> I write here the answer of Jerry Stuckle [1] because it looks me
> interesting and enough logical.

Jerry's answer isn't a real answer - and we don't care what MySQL does
or does not do. PostgreSQL developers are not going to invest time into
helping you get a feature into MySQL - if this is what you are trying to
do, please stop.

MySQL didn't implement SQL-standards views until what - MySQL 4 or 5?
Obviously "standards" is not their goal either. In Open Source / Free
Software, the free contributions are from people with itches that they
scratched. In a company like MySQL, it is more about business value or
somewhere in between. I was a MySQL 3.x/4.x user until I learned
PostgreSQL, and I have no intention of going back. They have so many
incorrect assumptions built into their system, that I chose to switch
databases instead of arguing with them. It's not worth my time, and I
don't intend to go back. So, I will not be helping you get UUID into
MySQL because I just don't care about MySQL...

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark@mielke.cc>