Re: REINDEX/SELECT deadlock? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Karl Wright
Subject Re: REINDEX/SELECT deadlock?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com> writes:
>
>>I just noticed what looks like a deadlock situation on postgresql
>>8.2.4.
>

> Did you look into pg_locks to see what locks those transactions have and
> are waiting for?
>
>             regards, tom lane

No.  Unlike a typical transaction-based deadlock, I did not see a deadlock error come back - it just
seemed to wait indefinitely instead.  So I'm not even sure anything will show up in the pg_locks
table.  In any case, it will have to happen again before I can spelunk more, since I had to reset
everything because the system was dead and it was needed by others.

Karl