Change a character in a text field - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Naomi Walker
Subject Change a character in a text field
Date
List pgsql-admin
Is there some way with a SQL state to interrogate a text field, and
replace characters.

For example, we would like all "|"'s to be changed to something else, on
a regular basis...
We could unload the rows, change them, and load back, but was hoping
someone had
a slicker way to do it in place..

Thanks,
Naomi

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc               nwalker@eldocomp.com
  ---An EDS Company                   602-604-3100
The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.
   - Richard Bach

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by
theindividual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exemptfrom disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has
beenforwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in
anymanner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this
mailfrom your records.