Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler napsal(a):
> Howdy,

Howdy,

> Please find attached a patch adding a locale-aware, case-insensitive
> text type, called citext, as a contrib module. A few notes:

What is benefit to have this type when collation per database will be
implemented? It seems to me that its overlapped feature? Definition of collation
should allow to setup case sensitivity. Only advantage what I see there is that
you can combine case sensitive and case insensitive text in one database.
However, it will be solved when collation per column will be implemented.

    Zdenek