Re: Yet Another Timestamp Question: Time Defaults - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nathan Clayton
Subject Re: Yet Another Timestamp Question: Time Defaults
Date
List pgsql-general

>>Except for days that are 23-hours long, or 25, or other (it's a big
>>world with all sorts of timezone rules).
>>
> The day's length may change but I don't believe there is
> anywhere that allows for the local time of day to equal or be
> greater than 24:00:00 without rolling over to the next day.

I only wish. I work with a transactional system from the 70s on
a daily basis that decided to store something like a "work date" and
"work time". The date changes whenever they decide to dateroll the
system. Until then the time field continues to grow, so you see times
like 25:00 and 26:00 all the time.

Exceptions abound.

--
 Nathan