Re: BUG #4267: initdb fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #4267: initdb fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Craig Ringer
> <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Alas, Process Explorer doesn't seem to work on Vista. MS think that Process
>> monitor is a replacement, but it lacks all the handy detailed process
>> introspection, thread control, etc that Process Explorer has.
>>
>> Frustrating.
>
> Eh? Process Monitor certainly works on Vista (although I haven't used
> it on SP1 yet). I used it extensively when trying to figure out a
> rather nasty bug issue in our privilege-shedding code a while back.

Interesting. I've always had system stability problems after launching
either it or filemon. I'm about to configure a clean Vista install (post
hard disk failure) so I'll have to re-test. Perhaps there was a hook DLL
or similar nastyness interfering.

--
Craig Ringer