Re: GIN improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: GIN improvements
Date
List pgsql-patches
> 1) multicolumn GIN
> Unlike other indexes, the performance of search
> doesn't depends on what column of index (first, last, any subset) is
> used in search clause. This property can be used in gincostestimate, but
> I haven't looked on it yet.

After some playing I didn't find any mentions in *costestimate function about
difference of cost estimation between first and any other columns in clauses,
so, IMHO, issue above isn't an issue. :)

So, I didn't see any comments/objections and I intend to commit this patch for
next two days and synchronize 'fast insert into GIN' patch with CVS.

Objections?

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/