Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dave Page wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth@sqlpower.ca> wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification, Dave! I will poll the RSS feed instead
>> of the FTP directory listing. I'm going to assume every title in the
>> feed is a release number. This is true now; is it a safe assumption in
>> the medium-to-long run?
>
> Yeah, I think so. The purpose of that feed really is just for the
> version numbers.

Yes, that is the idea. The only real reason there is a text on the items
at all is that it's required for the feed to validate :-) It's there for
automatic scrpits to be able to rely on, so we're not going to change
the format of the title unless there's a *very* compelling reason.

//magnus