Re: Postgres service stops when I kill client backend on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres service stops when I kill client backend on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dmitry Vasilyev <d.vasilyev@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> I have written, what service stopped. This action is repeatable.
> You can run command 'psql -c "do $$ unpack p,1x8 $$ language plperlu;"'
> and after this windows service will stop.

Well, (a) that probably means that your plperl installation is broken,
and (b) you still haven't convinced me that you had an actual service
stop, and not just that the recovery time was longer than psql would
wait before retrying the connection.  Can you start a fresh psql
session after waiting a few seconds?