Re: Feedback on blog post about Replication Feature decision and its impact - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: Feedback on blog post about Replication Feature decision and its impact
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dirk Riehle wrote:

> <h3>Won't EnterpriseDB loose sales once replication is added to the core
> PostgreSQL product?</h3>
>

> <h3>Won't a reduced differentiation between EnterpriseDB and the core
> product reduce their addressable market?</h3>

To these two I would mention that although the developers are planning
to add basic replication with a goal of easy config, this won't take out
the need for a more complex replication options that EDB offers

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz