Re: Core team statement on replication in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Core team statement on replication in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David,

>> I think the consensus in the core team was that having synchronous
>> log shipping in 8.4 would already be a worthwhile feature by itself.
>
> If that was in fact the consensus of the core team,

It is.

> and what I've been
> seeing from several core members in this thread makes that idea
> unclear, it's out of step with the stated goal of the feature.  Having
> some kind of half-way, doesn't-actually-quite-work-out-of-the-box
> "replication" will make things worse and not better.

So, you've got a better implementation up your sleeve?

I really don't get where you're coming from on this.  Frankly, your
e-mails seem gauged to be merely disruptive without any intent of
constructive input.  If you're opposed to working on replication in the
core, then just say so.  If you think that there's an easier way to
develop M-S replication in the core than using WAL, then please present
your solution.

--Josh