Re: F-Secure and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: F-Secure and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Konsta Tiihonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after some research a month ago I found out that there is some issue
> between the software F-secure Internet Security (2006, 2007, 2008)
> and the Windows version of postgreSQL. I cannot connect to
> postgreSQL.

You probably need to check the F-Secure manual for details, but
presumably you need to stop the firewall from blocking port 5432 (which
is what PostgreSQL uses).

Can you connect from the maching PostgreSQL is installed on? It would be
unusual if the firewall is blocking localhost.

Oh, and you'll want to make sure the anti-virus scanner isn't scanning
the database folder too. There have been cases where av scanners
interfere with the database.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd