Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql
Date
Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql
List pgsql-performance
Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Matthew Wakeling <matthew 'at' flymine.org> writes:

> It is still relevant, as with 5% margin, you can afford changing
> that to 0% with tune2fs, just the time for you to start PG and
> remove some data by SQL, then shutdown and set the margin to 5%
> again.

I find that if you actually reach that level of capacity failure it is
due to lack of management and likely there is much lower hanging fruit
left over by a lazy dba or sysadmin than having to adjust filesystem
level parameters.

Manage actively and the above change is absolutely irrelevant.

Joshua D. Drake