Re: psql \? help display - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: psql \? help display
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I promised to review our psql \? output to see if I could improve it,
>>> particularly the "General" section at the top.  Below are the results.
>>>
>>> Are the new sections ideal, and in the best ordering?  Should \copyright
>>> be kept in "General" at the top?  Should \? be listed?
>> Why do we have a section named "Copy, Large Objects"?  It would seem to
>> make sense to put the LO stuff on its own section.
>
> OK, new version attached.  I moved \copy into "External" and relabled
> the section as just "Large Object" (singular?).

I would think copy would fit better with i/o - basically a
subset/variation of \i
external is more for executing external code than importing data.

Yes singular - all the others are singular. If we go plural variable and
maybe connection would fit plural as well (or maybe after the multi
connection patch)?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz