Re: pg_standby / WAL archive-restore through system restarts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wall
Subject Re: pg_standby / WAL archive-restore through system restarts
Date
Re: pg_standby / WAL archive-restore through system restarts  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks, Guillaume.  Can anyone confirm his answer to the question below
about restarting the backup postmaster?

It seems counter-intuitive since the backup server is only waiting for
new WAL files to restore, it would seem it could be killed and restarted
at any time and it should just recover as it has been all along.  I can
see if I end recovery mode this would be the case, but can't the
recovery postmaster be killed without having it leave recovery mode?