Re: odd output in restore mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: odd output in restore mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> However, we should probably make the behaviour switchable. If the
> archive_command populating the archive_directory were rsync, for
> example, this problem should not occur, because it copies to a temp
> file, and then renames it, so we should never see an incomplete file
> even though rsync also apparently preallocates space.

Another and probably simpler thing to try would be the GnuWin32 version
of cp. If we can verify that it behaves itself, we should probably
recommend it for use in archive_command instead of the native Windows copy.

I'm still not sure how to construct a test, though.

cheers

andrew