Re: psql wrapped format default for backslash-d commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bryce Nesbitt
Subject Re: psql wrapped format default for backslash-d commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:24612.1210391398@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Bruce Momjian <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"href="mailto:bruce@momjian.us"><bruce@momjian.us></a> writes: </pre><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">Now that psql '\pset format wrapped' is in CVS, we should consider when

After experimenting for a bit, I'd say "never".  This output format is
extremely ugly.  Maybe if it had enough smarts not to break in the
middle of words ...        regards, tom lane </pre></blockquote> Yet, wrapped is the same as aligned, if the lines
/><br/> Well I suppose you have to pick your preferred version of ugly.  I find it  very hard to line up columns when
presentedwith a sea of pipes, and highly annoying to constantly adjust my window width to see a query, especially if
don'tlike the missing | bars on the current version.  I prefer that the grid cells be fully drawn, even if the contents
don'tfill the box