Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
Re: Releasing in September  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> But I'm not very sure that we're talking about the same set of people
> here.  If we're going to go to a system where nobody's allowed to
> commit anything for the next release until the current release is
> finalized, then we'd better have some procedure for making sure that
> happens relatively quickly.  And the procedure can't be that the
> people who are hot to get started on the next release have to bat
> cleanup for the people who don't have time to fix the bugs they
> introduced previously.  Because *that* would be manifestly unfair.

You're assuming that the people who are hot to get started on the next
release are different from the people who don't have time to fix the bugs
they introduced previously.  IME it's mostly the same people.