Re: insertion with trigger failed unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton.Nikiforov@loteco.ru
Subject Re: insertion with trigger failed unexpectedly
Date
Re: insertion with trigger failed unexpectedly
List pgsql-general
RH> And the error message is?
UPDATE Failed... that is it....
I'll try to rewrite my logger to get more diagnostics...
As soon as i'll have some statistics - i'll post it here
But i still cannot understand why it was working fine with a fresh
database (initdb just done) for 1.5 years and when the size become
huge it starts to loose data. I was not modifying tables (only now()
when were migrating to 7.4) nor trigger. Everything is the same as a
year ago.
And when i cleaned some space by removing previous statistic and
vacuuming db - it did not help. But now, when a dropped a trigger -
raw table started to fill normaly.

>> I was also testing inserts without a trigger. With my insertion tool
>> everything was fine, but with inserting from text file via psql
>> utility there were looses if the number of INSERTs was largger than
>> 100 items.
>> For information the same happened on my 7.3.2, then 7.3.4 and now 7.4.

RH> There must be an error message, surely?
No message. I know it is strange, but belive me, i'm woorking with
postgresql since 6.5 or something like this and this traffic database
coming from that time.
Maybe i do not know something where to get additional error codes, but
looks like i read documentation 20 times at least.

Regards,
Anton