Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> It's unclear to me whether to push ahead with Daniel's existing
>> patch or not.  It doesn't look to me like it's making things
>> any worse from the error-consistency standpoint than they were
>> already, so I'd be inclined to consider error semantics cleanup
>> as something to be done separately/later.

> Fine.

OK.  I fixed the error-cleanup issue and pushed it.

The patch applied cleanly back to 9.5, but the code for \g is a good
bit different in 9.4.  I didn't have the interest to try to make the
patch work with that, so I just left 9.4 alone.