Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bryce Nesbitt
Subject Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> This patch seems sufficiently controversial that "commit now" is the
> very last thing that should happen to it.
>
> I suggest committing the PrintTable stuff and not worrying about whether
> that breaks the wrap patch.
>
>             regards, tom lane\

AFIK, the only thing that's controversial about the patch is how to turn
it on and off -- the actual core code appears to be inflaming no
passions.  And it's the core code that presents merge issues.

Could it be committed with a hidden enable syntax, for the interim?  Or
even no enable syntax, just to have it in the code base?
   \pset format wrap-beta-test on