Re: Invalid page feader on Solaris 10 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Invalid page feader on Solaris 10
Date
List pgsql-admin
=?ISO-8859-2?Q?R=F3zsahegyi_L=E1szl=F3?= <laszlo.rozsahegyi@rool.hu> writes:
> The dump of my database is about 2 GB if we are lucky.
> If not, we have one of error messages:

>  - pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 2623204397

>  - pg_dump: ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 2423378468
>    DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/0907": No such file or directory

>  - pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid page header in block 16147 of relation "jn_szll"

> What is the problem?

All of those look like corrupt-data symptoms to me.  I wonder whether
you've got hardware problems (flaky disk, flaky memory, bad cable ...)
How repeatable are the errors?  Do they always occur for just one table,
or is the problem widespread?

            regards, tom lane