Re: typedefs for indent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: typedefs for indent
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> So I continue to think the best way to generate a list will be to
>> consolidate lists generated from the buildfarm which represents a wide
>> variety of build scenarios.
>>
>> Is anyone else looking at GNU indent to see if it has improved enough to
>> meet our needs?
>>

> I am not going to be able to test GNU indent for a few months so I hope
> someone else tests it sooner than that.
>
> Just checking, but you remembered that GNU indent needs a typedef list
> too, right?  Also, there are scripts in pgindent surrounding the indent
> binary that should also be reviewed.

Right now I am addressing the very specific problem of coming up with a
better typedef list to use with whatever indenter we use, given that it
seems a task well suited to the buildfarm.

If I do get to looking at GNU indent it will be a way down the track for
me too. In fact, this seems a task that might be well suited to someone
who is not spending what time they have available for Postgres on
hacking (currently I'm trying to remove bitrot from the column level
privs patch).

cheers

andrew