Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Graham Leggett
Subject Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

> If you can do that from a shell running as postgres, then I think
> selinux is not so disabled as you think.  Ordinary file permissions are
> applied uniformly to all processes running as a given userid, but
> selinux is different.

SELinux is definitely not present on this machine - it is not installed
at all.

At it turned out, the postgresql server had cached the system user
permissions, and it only started working after postgresql had been
restarted and the cached credentials had been replaced.

Regards,
Graham
--

Attachment