Re: How to submit a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: How to submit a patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:
> That's why waiting until feature freeze was so awful from my point of view.
> There was never any time left to return patches to the author so Tom ended up
> reworking any patches we really wanted.

Some patches went back and forth a few times even after feature freeze.

Many patches last feature freeze seemed to me at least to be of lower
quality  and/or higher complexity than usual, and we had a huge number.
Part of the idea behind commit-fest is to avoid that, and so kicking
patches back to the author is  more likely to occur, I think.

cheers

andrew