Re: How to submit a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: How to submit a patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I've been mostly following this discussion on
> this particular topic but have absolutely no idea what, if anything,
> to do on the wiki in terms of submitting patch.

I think the short answer right now to this and to Joshua's original
question is: to submit a patch do what has always been done, i.e. send
the patch to the mailing list. You can also add the patch to the list on
the wiki, but if you don't, it won't be forgotten.

All the rest is for reviewers/committers.

I've been wondering idly and probably pointlessly if we should try
adopting something like the methodology of the Usenet Oracle, which, if
you ask it a question will usually send you one to answer in return.
Obviously we can't always do that, but maybe we should be asking people
who are obviously competent enough (judging by the quality and
complexity of the patches they submit) to step up to the plate more on
reviewing patches. No amount of process will substitute for more reviewers.

cheers

andrew