Re: PostgresSQL on a networked drive with multiple users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PostgresSQL on a networked drive with multiple users
Date
List pgsql-general
J Ottery wrote:
> Thanks Craig for making me look like an idiot. I feel bad now.

That wasn't my intent, so I'm sorry for making you feel bad about it. I
was just trying to stress the importance of only ever having one pg
instance using a data directory. If you're used to shared-access systems
it's a natural question, and the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/creating-cluster.html

doesn't explicitly spell out that it's a bad idea to have multiple Pg
servers accessing a database cluster.

--
Craig Ringer