Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This doesn't seem particularly hard, just a matter of following the
>> relevant mailing lists (mostly -patches, but various offenders send
>> patches elsewhere) and adding links to the current wiki page.
>>
>>> That's where I'd love to have Bruce to help.
>> Bruce has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to take on any
>> added maintenance work.
>
> Yea, I would like to reduce the amount of maintenance work I do, not add
> to it.  Now, you might say that if this works I will have less
> maintenance work to do because more people will be doing it, but I will
> believe it when I see it.

Ok. In that case I'd suggest that we do roughly the same thing we did
this commit fest. You, Bruce, collect all the relevant threads into the
patch queue as before, and at the beginning of commit fest someone else
goes through that list and puts the threads that have a commit-fest
worthy patch or design proposal in them to the Wiki (thanks Alvaro for
doing that in this fest!). Then we can use the Wiki page as the official
list during the commit fest.