Re: CVS rsync service is dropping some files - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: CVS rsync service is dropping some files
Date
List pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The CVS rsync service, as described at
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/rsync.html>, fails to provide the
> directories pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/core/ and
> pgsql/contrib/retep/uk/org/retep/xml/core/.  I guess there is an exclude list
> somewhere that thinks these might be core dump files.  Could this please be
> investigated and fixed?

*sigh* - took me a while to recognize that it's actually the commandline
in the docs(anoncvs config is fine) that are resulting in that problem -
we recommend -C as an rsync parameter and the docs for that state:

 -C, --cvs-exclude              This  is a useful shorthand for excluding a broad range
of files              that you often don't want to transfer between systems.
It  uses              the  same  algorithm that CVS uses to determine if a file
should              be ignored.
              The exclude list is initialized to:
                     RCS  SCCS  CVS  CVS.adm   RCSLOG   cvslog.*   tags   TAGS                     .make.state
.nse_depinfo*~ #* .#* ,* _$* *$

*.old *.bak                     *.BAK *.orig *.rej .del-* *.a *.olb *.o *.obj *.so  *.exe                     *.Z *.elc
*.lncore .svn/

so this is actually a documentation bug - not an infrastructure bug :-)

Stefan