Re: (Maybe) helpful data surrounding crashes - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: (Maybe) helpful data surrounding crashes
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
dpage@pgadmin.org wrote:
> I've fixed the redundant %'s you mentioned, and fixed some other
> subtle bugs that could have caused crashes in some specific
> circumstances (got any objects with % in the name?). Not sure what
> else to try unless you want to try getting intimate with a debugger
> :-p

Thanks for your attention to the details. I strictly stick to
non-quoted-7Bit-ASCII-lowercase-letters-only-oldschool names, for I am
afraid of ghosts. So, no, no % in my names. pgAdmin wouldn't get a
chance to choke on % in comments or in the body of views or functions,
would it?
And even if I'd get all flirtatious with a debugger, which I don't have
the time for right now, I'd still have to be able to reproduce the crash.

Regards
Erwin

P.S.: I do remember a crash case involving a '%' being sent through a
"fprint variant" (rev. 5932), though. Ah, the old days! Beer was cheap
and bugs reproducible back then ...