Re: New email list for emergency communications - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New email list for emergency communications
Date
List pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> [ BCC to core.]
>
> Right now we have no way to communicate as a group if our community
> email infrastructure isn't working.
>
> Therefore, I have created an email list on my machine that can be used
> for communication in such situations.  It is called:
>
>     pgsql-emergency@momjian.us
>
> I envision this as an email list that will allow more rapid recovery
> during email outages.  I know many use IRC in such cases but this allows
> notification.  Also some don't use IRC.
>
> Anyone can post to the email list. There is no moderation, though the
> list sits behind my spam filters.  The list will not be archived.
>
> If you want to be subscribed, please email me privately.  I think it is
> particularly important for infrastructure managers to be subscribed to
> this list.

There is one for sysadmins already. Every email on sysadmins has "If the
PostgreSQL.org mailing lists are down, use the auxillary list
pgsysadmins@agliodbs.com "

I'm nto sure if that one is synced automatically though. Josh?

//Magnus