Re: scheduling stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: scheduling stored procedure
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23/03/2008 16:08, Alain Roger wrote:
> i was thinking to execute each hour a stored procedure which will check
> the time and date (of now) if it is greater than "registration request
> time" stored in this temporary table.
> if it is greater, so record will be deleted.
>
> does postgresql have such timer (something like "cron" under unix/linux) ?

Not built in. There's pgAgent which comes with pgAdmin, which ought to
do what you want, though I haven't used it myself.  Alternatively, you
can use cron to call psql with the -c option to execute the command you
need run.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie