Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up
Date
List pgsql-general
Karl Denninger wrote:

> The problem is that I was holding the ts_vector in a column in the table
> with a GIST index on that column.  This fails horribly under 8.3; it
> appears to be ok on the reload but as there is a trigger on updates any
> update or insert fails immediately with a data mistype complaint.

Are you sure you've not got an old definition of tsvector/tsquery or
some such? I've got a tsvector column in a table, updated from a trigger
with a gist index and it's fine. That's all created for 8.3 though, not
dumped/restored from 8.2

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd