Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Robert Lor
Subject Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Would it work to name the traces "trace_transaction__start" etc instead?
> AFAICS that would cause the macros to be named
>
> POSTGRESQL_TRACE_TRANSACTION_START()

Correct, and that would work. With this approach, all the probe names
will start with trace-, and this particular one will be called
trace-transaction-start and can be used this way.

postgresql*:::trace-transaction-start
{
}

Actually, it reads better to me than having trace in front. If the above
macro name is acceptable, I'll take this route.

Regards,
-Robert