Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Neil Conway wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 18:13 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble locating the previous thread - can someone please
>> point me at it?
>>

> http://markmail.org/message/kyjbj5qovadfoe3w

Thanks. The only significant problem I saw mentioned other than the
rather ephemeral security issues was the one regarding statically linked
postgres. I therefore propose that  a) loading plpgsql in template1 can be disabled by an initdb switch, and  b) initdb
willnot try to load it if postgres is statically linked,

assuming we can develop a reasonable test for that.

cheers

andrew