Re: WINDOWS INSTALLATION TIPS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: WINDOWS INSTALLATION TIPS
Date
List pgsql-general
Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> INDIANNIC-HOSTING wrote:
>>
>>> a) if your server is hosted in a dataceneter
>>> for installation on windows 2000 you cannot use terminal service.
>>
>> Hmm - this *should* be documented somewhere. I don't really use
>> Windows and I know about it somehow.
>
> Can't you use "change user /install" inside a terminal session to make
> this work? Open a CMD prompt, and type "change user /install"...
>
>     http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320185

No, that's not the problem in this case. It's the launching of initdb
that doesn't work.

Also, it "change user /install" has no effect if you're using windows
2000 in administrative terminal servics mode, only in application mode.
But if yo do use it in application mode (which you probably aren't doing
on your pg servers, but it's certainly possible), then you should *also*
do the change user trick - like with all ts apps.

//Magnus