Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> I could do a demo install on the trackerdemo jail - that one seems to
> have most of the prequisits and would not need work to get going. Not
> sure I want to install MySQL there though - so we would have to go
> with the sqlite backend for the test ;-)

Umm, we need to eat our own dog food. If it won't run on postgres then
fuggedaboudit.

The settings_local.py.tmpl contains these two lines:
   # Database backend.  Any supported django database engine should work.   DATABASE_ENGINE = 'mysql'      #
'postgresql','mysql', 'sqlite3' or

'ado_mssql'.

So let's just go with postgresql ;-)

cheers