Re: Performance problems with Postgresql/ZFS/Non-global zones on Solaris? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: Performance problems with Postgresql/ZFS/Non-global zones on Solaris?
Date
List pgsql-general
jiniusatwork-postgresql@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the project I'm working is trying to provide "database-as-a-service"
functionality,so I can't really tune the DB since the application/load will vary by customer (and the whole idea was to
abstractall the low-level tuning parameters from the customer because we aren't expecting "power" users).

Tune for your hardware, ram, disc array and config. Not for specific
workload. There is no way the initdb defaults can be sane for any
production setup.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath