Re: failed to build any 8-way joins: SQLSTATE: XX000 on PostgreSQL 8.2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Johanson
Subject Re: failed to build any 8-way joins: SQLSTATE: XX000 on PostgreSQL 8.2.6
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> If increasing join_collapse_limit to 9 or more makes the problem go away
> for you, that would be additional evidence that what you are seeing is
> the same problem already diagnosed.  That might be a usable workaround
> for you until 8.2.7 comes out...

Thank Tom. That worked around it.

I always knew I hated arbitrary limits. I set it to 1 ("# 1 disables
collapsing of explicit JOINS") and all seems OKAY. That was 3 hours of
my life (experimenting, researching, communicating) under the bridge.
Anyway, back in business.

Ken