Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display
Date
List pgadmin-support
Mike Blackwell wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> It's a PostgreSQL security feature. When you're connected to a
>> database, tables from other databases are not available (even their
>> names).
>>
>>   It's curious that
>>> the oids are available but not the names.  I should really brush off
>>> my C skills and take a look at the code sometime to see what's going
>>> on in there. ^_^'''
>>
>> :)
>>

> Ah.  I see.  So to display the names, we'd have to connect to each
> database in turn and look for a name that matched the oid, right?  Might
> be worth it, as that's what I end up having to do manually, anyway. ^_^

Something that would be interesting to do is to add a combobox to
quickly change the database used for connection (something like the
connection combo box in the query tool).

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com