Re: Experiences with extensibility - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Experiences with extensibility
Date
Re: Experiences with extensibility  (Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il>)
List pgsql-general
Guido Neitzer wrote:
> On 08.01.2008, at 17:36, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>>> 2.      What types of extensibility (possibly already available in
>>> other DBMSs) are currently missing in PostgreSQL?
>>
>> None that I am aware of.
>
> Easy multi-master clustering with just two machines.

That isn't really an extensibility argument. At least not in my mind.
Further I don't know of anyone that can "easily" do it. You either
suffer the possibility of catastrophic data loss (dolphins) or you
suffer guaranteed bank account drainage (Oracle), or you suffer the
willingness of Monopolies (MSSQL).

None of those equate to "easy".

Joshua D. Drake