Re: Proposal - libpq Type System beta-0.8a (was PGparam) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Proposal - libpq Type System beta-0.8a (was PGparam)
Date
Re: Proposal - libpq Type System beta-0.8a (was PGparam)  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Andrew Chernow wrote:
>>> It might be something with the attachment, who knows.
>>
>> Most probably that was the case, yes. The -hackers list is limited,
>> please use -patches to send patches. ;-)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Markus
>>

> Noted.
>
> In our case, its a little ambiguos whether -hackers or -patches is the
> correct place.  We are really posting a proposal that happens to have
> a working implementation.  We are looking for feedback and/or a
> discussion.

You should split it and send the proposal to -hackers. Ideally, you
would have had a proposal discussed before you wrote a line of code.

cheers

andrew