Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I wonder if you are interested in rewriting this whole thing to not use
> cmd.exe at all, which as I understand is just about output redirection.

FWIW, I have little interest in going there, because I'm afraid that
getting it to be bug-compatible with the existing behavior on points such
as quoting of -o arguments would be extremely fiddly.  Perhaps it'd be
worth doing it in master, but I'd be afraid to back-patch such a change
--- and what I'm after right now is a back-patchable way of getting rid
of the 5-second-timeout behavior.